Sunday, November 14, 2010

Baby excitement...

My neice is almost two. She's just old enough that she can piece together words into almost sentences, so she says things like, "hide chase uncle Adam!" which I take to mean she wants to play hide-and-go-seek.

What I've taken from her is that there are FAR more things to be excited about in the course of any given day. She wakes up and gets surprised and excited about everyone she'll see. It's just me and her watching Grover and she goes through the list..."Nona? Auntyrene? Momma? Pappa? Unclrich???" And then, when she sees each, her eyes light up and she waves, "HI Unclerich!" And this goes on all day, every time she sees you...it's a surprise, and she's genuinely happy.

She also applauds at the end of every song. Sing the alphabet? Applause! Watch a commercial...applause!

I like it. It makes me feel like there is a lot I miss on my usual days because I've become too jaded to what's around me. Maybe I should be more genuinely happy just to see my mom every time I see her?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home