Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I thought I died this morning...

I had a heart attack this morning. Or, at least, I thought I did.

I went for a run, just two miles, but pushed myself pretty hard. Unbeknownst to me, I pulled a muscle in my chest. I got into my truck and drove home and, since that's an easy task, didn't notice that I'd pulled a muscle.

I was thinking of my Cousin, so I called her to say hello and began making some eggs. Mid-conversation my chest tightened, my breathing restricted and it felt like I'd gotten hit right in the center of my chest. I had to put the phone down and hold onto the counter. I quite literally thought I was having a heart attack.

I stumbled over to the living room where my computer was and fell on the floor chest first, barely able to breathe and googled "chest pain short breath symptoms" and heart attack came up...no really, I did that. I worried.

I lay there, face down, in a dirty PT uniform and you know what I thought? I remembered growing up my mom telling me to always wear clean underwear in case I had to go to the hospital. I wouldn't want the doctor to see I had on dirty underwear.

I suddenly thought...I'm going to die...in my living room...in dirty underwear. My mom will be so upset.

Luckily, it was just a pulled muscle. Now I change out of my dirty clothes as soon as I get home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Melissa V said...

I'm glad it was just a pulled muscle. Be careful about pushing yourself too hard!

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home