Sunday, October 26, 2008

Elizabeth Hasselbeck introduces Sarah Palin

Five minutes in, when Hasselbeck talks about Sara Palin's flag pin, which she wears in honor of her son garners loads of hoots and hollars and whistles from the crowd. But why? Are we to believe that having someone in your family who serves makes one more patriotic? Or maybe it makes one more adept at leadersihp? Or, maybe it means that one has more right to an opinion.

I don't think it means any of those things. This, combined with her constant invocation of "they" and "them" is just a further attempt to divide and conquer while playing on the patriotism of Americans in order to paint the other side as different and somehow Un-American.

It's wrong and disgusting.

And I've also gone back on my word not to write about politics anymore. I'm sorry. And I wonder if that makes me a hypocrite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home