Saturday, October 25, 2008

2LT Sean O'Connor

Some years ago, when I was at the prep school for Stap, I went out with another prior service Cadet Candidate. We went out and didn't have a ride back so we had to walk the three or four miles at three in the morning. It began to drizzle slightly and Sean got very upset at the rain and the walk, but we made our way home. We talked about if we wanted to be Officers or not and why we had spent a year at the prep school. There were so many questions and so much future ahead of us...

Sean has now passed, leaving behind a wife.

A group of classmates and I were out last night, celebrating the R&R trip home of one of our other classmates when they told me the news, which had been distributed in email form over the AOG distro. At the same time, Troy, my old prep-school roommate called to let me know. Somehow I think it would make Sean smile to know that, regardless of where we all were, his classmates all took a moment for him...and that he was, and is, always remembered for the smile he shared and good times he brought. He will be missed.

Well done Sean, Be Thou at Peace.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know how Sean passed? Im an 08 grad and was in his company for 3 years but I cant find anything about it?

Chase

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean and I went to HS together. He was a teammate of mine on the baseball team.

I have many fond memories of the kid we called "mono" (Spanish pronunciation).

He'll be missed.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean was a firstie on the West Point judo team when I joined it in fall 2006. He was a pretty jacked, silent, and scary dude at first, but eventually I saw past that and saw him as a very caring and compassionate individual. I looked up to him as my mentor and I really miss him. I wish he would have talked to me before he decided to go. People like him make the world a better place.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home