Friday, January 04, 2008

Dinner...


To celebrate getting furniture, Ingrid and I had dinner last night with two friends, Lee and April. I did the cooking and made things familiar to anyone who has been around me lately: stuffed mushrooms, the Huachuca special (toasted french bread, prosciutto, basil, avocado and tomato), spinach and shrimp salad w/ almonds and vinaigrette and the seven dollar pasta (but this time I marinaded and grilled chicken to put on top using the Italian beer marinade that Yolonda told me about). I tried taking pictures, but only two came out (possibly due to wine consumption) and only one had visible food in it. The good news is, the one that came out is the first new thing I've cooked since I started posting pictures and telling you all about my gastronomic adventures...dessert! I got these cool dishes at Ikea that are single serving casserole type dishes. I put pre-made biscuit dough on the bottom, sliced sweet banana on top and baked them. Then I drizzled caramel and powdered sugar on top with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream too. I think next time I'll use berries or peaches instead of bananas, but it turned out well...and, Lee taught me about the "flower" function on my camera which is used to take up close pictures. See the difference below...


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude.....what is it with you and food? You don't need Cable TV cause reading your blog is like watching the Food Channel.

1:33 PM  
Blogger buckarooskidoo said...

Adam, how about sharing the recipe for that shrimp with almonds salad, if it's not a state secret? It sounds delicious.

If the military doesn't work, you have a future in food...

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit, Adam, I've been offline for 2 weeks and suddenly you've become a food blog. Way to go! I look forward to catching up on these entries during the next few days, while sipping tea and glancing out at the snow. New Years wasn't the same without you but we did make some kick-ass stuffed mushrooms as James will witness. Talk to you soon, I hope.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home