Thursday, August 24, 2006

School...

The internet is acting up here at school so I haven't been able to post. Then again, not much has really been going on either. I have to say, I've been drinking more than I should...not in the "I'm becoming an alcoholic" sense, but in the "I'm going to have a beer gut earlier than I probably should" sense...but, pot bellys can be hot...right?

Anyway, school is going ok. In general, I go to my EV class, which is interesting if not challenging, go back to my room for an hour and do the reading for my next two classes--law and International Security Seminar. Law is kind of below my level so far, but ISS is above my head. I do the readings but don't have much to contribute in class because, unlike the other cadets, I've not spent time in Croatia or Africa. Instead, I normally wait until someone says something smart and then try to be the first one to disagree...it gives me the appearance of knowing what I'm talking about I think (although, I could be wrong and MAJ Wrona could go back to his office everynight to laugh at me).

My job isn't what I thought it was going to be. It's not uninteresting or even dissapointing, just different. I guess I have to learn I can't change the world (then again, if I can't even change a simple college program, why bother trying to change the world?) I've been told that I'm "difficult to read." I don't know how I feel about that because I've always considered myself fairly easy to read...I say what I mean and mean what I say in general.

On the brighter side, I get my ring tomorrow. Less than 24 hours and I will be wearing my "Crass mass of brass and glass." Beautiful. You'll all have to see it next time I go home.

Oh! I also met someone who digs good music. I know that sounds kind of stupid to post, but it's not often I meet another cadet with good taste...it's kind of cool. Not just music actually, he's got decent taste across the board...awesome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ad to tell you that you have A. excellent taste in music (for the most part anyway, I'm sure I hate one band you like, or just haven't heard of it yet) and B. you are very hard to read. It's not that you don't act honestly or speak that way. It is more on an emotional level. I think that it is rare that your statements are filled with emotion. There is more passion than vulnerability in you. I think people find it hard to read someone when they don't display vulnerability. You are exactly what my mother always tells me I am but I never realized what it meant until lately, you are calculated. Very organized and intelligent with everything, even emotion. And that is confusing to others. I find it beneficial, but law school is slowly choking emotion out of me and my vulnerability has begun to seep out my pours. It sucks.

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home