Monday, August 28, 2006

Interesting Quote...

I was just doing my reading for my International Security Seminar class (I know, I know...Who'd have imagined me doing the reading?) and came across this quote which I thought interesting:
The competition among ideologies is extraordinarily complex. This fact makes it difficult to define exactly what should be considered a political threat serious enough to justify the national security label. In one sense, the mere existence of a state espousing an opposing ideology constitutes a threat on the grounds of the 'one rotten apple in the basket' principle. To take this seriously, however, would require an interminable and probably impossible military crusade, the costs of which would far outweigh the objectives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home