Thursday, July 06, 2006

My High Point...

I harbor no illussions. I know that life, for the next year, while difficult will be the high point of my life. How so? Well, I do not mean this to be in any way arrogant, but the world around me will never be more geared toward me again. There are the obvious examples, the Ring Weekend, 100th night, Graduation (banquet, ceremony, parade, etc.), but there are also the less obvious, but equally important aspects of being here.

I thought of this as I was walking in Washington Hall getting some paperwork filed. I suddenly realized that every person I had talked to that day was either someone who I was training, or someone who was training me. It dawned on me that all the officers and NCO's I met would spend next year, my last, doing everything they possibly can to get me ready to be an officer. The entire school, every building, every activity, every person here, from the ladies who work in the mailroom to the Commandant (who I spent about an hour and a half with talking about values and ethics), is dedicated toward helping to make me a better person. Is it possible to feel nostalgia for a place I haven't yet left?

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Absolutely. I've been feeling nostalgia for Fallbrook ever since I moved back to it three years ago.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home