Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Boy Scouts...

As Alex and Le Patrique know, I've got beef with the boyscouts. Well, apparently Penn and Teller do to. They had a show about the boyscouts that is online here. Sure, there is some anti-mormon bigotry, and sure, there's some poor legal argumentation...and a lot of the "f" word...and boobs...but still...they make a lot of points I agree with. They didn't mention, however, that you can get promoted in the army for being in the boyscouts...a private religious organization that is chartered by the US govt.

And, since I can't go a day without a McCain post. Here's what Buckley had to say about the fellow today (keep in mind, WFBuckley is the man Reagan and Bush pointed to as the "father" of modern conservativism):
``I don't think that his name comes to mind automatically as somebody who over a period of years has addressed problems with fruitful thinking, let alone with consistent thinking.''

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Adam, do Girl Scouts who have achieved the Gold Medal get the same promotion? Despite whatever problems there are with the Boy Scout organization, I've been quite happy to accept help from Eagle Scouts on getting our community garden constructed. However, it had been bugging me that I wasn't hearing about any girls organizing projects. I was about to get up on my outraged feminist high horse when I discovered that there is a service project in Girl Scouts. But why do I never hear about them?

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home