Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I want to lose 45 lbs.

The other day, I was on a Kristen Wiig kick and saw a relatively un-funny skit titled "two A-holes work out with a trainer". It made me chuckle, but that was about all. I tried to post it here, but the link is here too if it doesn't work.

The funniest part, I thought, was when the trainer asks her what she wants, and she replies without thought or hesitation, "I want to lose 45 lbs." It is funny because it's clear that she wants to appear to work out, and wants to appear to care, but obviously knows nothing about fitness or health.






This morning on the way to work, I was listening to KPR. They were interviewing people at the Tea Party Rally where Nicky Haley was speaking and asking people what they were hoping for in South Carolina where 5 out of 6 House Reps voted against the budget just passed.

One gentleman said, without thought or hesitation, "I want a trillion dollar cut from the budget."

I immediately thought of Kristen Wiig losing 45 lbs--absent reality, absent knowledge, absent an actual plan or efforts, cutting a trillion dollars in spending is an AWESOME goal. But, a lot of people who vote, a lot of people who are fired up, a lot of people who are angry about things that most, frankly, don't understand, those people will continue to wave flags and push politicians to do things that are 1. impossible and 2. ill advised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home