Sunday, May 20, 2007

Red Sox game...

I went to a baseball game at Fenway Park this weekend. It was a lot of fun, and, it was the begining of the last weekend Troy, Koz, Kels and I will spend together. Troy and Koz and I have been together for five years now...crazy. I'll get to that later though.

Baseball...I've been to games at Dodger Stadium (but don't remember that one all too well) Yankee Stadium and Petco Park before, and, in all honesty, didn't enjoy them all that much. The stadiums were loud and obnoxious and the baseball seemed secondary to everything else going on. Petco Park is cool because it's very, for lack of a better term, San Diego and I guess the same can be said for Yankee Stadium (very New York). If that's true for all baseball stadiums, I can see why I liked Fenway Park so much.

The whole city is into the baseball game. From the minute we drove in, people were wearing baseball caps, jerseys, sweatshirts and anything else that had Boston written on it. As you can see, I bought a hat to fit in. The stadium feels smaller than Yankee Stadium, but I don't know if that's just illussion. There is only one digital screen and from one half of the stadium, you can't see it. To keep score, show stats and otherwise inform the crowd, it's still done old school style with a dude in back putting up numbers on the back wall.

I don't think I've ever enjoyed a game so much. We sang Sweet Caroline, Take Me Out to the Ballgame and yelled at the other team. There was a pickle between third and home and we drank beer and hooted and yelled. It's odd really...I know nothing about baseball, but by the end of the game, I was genuinely involved and wanted to see the Red Sox win. I guess you could say that, if I had "a team" they would now be it. Cool...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home